Flowchart for a Purchase Order Process
This cross functional flowchart is for raising purchase orders for project related costs
. It includes key checks of the supplier
list and PO system and the authorisation process.
Click image to zoom in.
Flowchart - list of steps
- Pass details to Purchasing Manager
- Get BACS details, complete new supplier form
- Send approval form to accounting center
- Create Purchase Order (PO), print and pass to Project Manager
- PO status to approved
- Send PO to supplier
- Is this legitimate spend?
- Valid expenditure?
- Project Manager to resolve - via change control or reject
- Reject spend notify purchaser
- Authorise New Supplier Account Request
- Reject PO (if not valid)
- Approve PO and pass to sign-off authority (if valid)
- Is the expenditure valid?
- Reject or approve the Purchase Order
No decision points
Download Purchase Order Process Flowchart