Flowchart for a Purchase Order Process
This cross functional flowchart is for raising purchase orders for project related costs. It includes key checks of the supplier
list and PO system and the authorisation process.
Click image to zoom in.
Flowchart - list of steps
- Pass details to Purchasing Manager
- Get BACS details, complete new supplier form
- Send approval form to accounting center
- Create Purchase Order (PO), print and pass to Project Manager
- PO status to approved
- Send PO to supplier
- Is this legitimate spend?
- Valid expenditure?
- Project Manager to resolve - via change control or reject
- Reject spend notify purchaser
- Authorise New Supplier Account Request
- Reject PO (if not valid)
- Approve PO and pass to sign-off authority (if valid)
- Is the expenditure valid?
- Reject or approve the Purchase Order
No decision points
Download Purchase Order Process Flowchart