Flowchart for a Purchase Order Process
This cross functional flowchart is for raising purchase orders for project related costs. It includes key checks of the supplier list and PO system and the authorisation process.
Visio diagram of the Purchase Order Flowchart
Click image to zoom in.
Flowchart - list of steps
- Does budget line exist?
- Is supplier on SAP list?
- Should supplier be pre-qualified?
- Is supplier on PO system?
- Pass details to Purchasing Manager
- Get BACS details, complete new supplier form
- Send approval form to accounting center
- Send approval form to accounting centre
- Create Purchase Order, print and pass to PM
- PO status to approved
- Send PO to supplier
- Is this legitimate spend?
- Valid expenditure?
- PM resolve - via change control or reject
- Reject spend notify purchaser
- Authorise New Supplier Account Request
- Reject PO (if not valid)
- Approve PO and pass to sign-off authority (if valid)
- Is the expenditure valid?
- Reject or approve the Purchase Order
No decision points
If you liked this page, feel free to recommend us!