Actual Finish DateThe point in time that work actually ended on a scheduled activity. Project Managers record the date so they can track progress against the baselined project plan.
Actual Finish date is also important so that you know when resources are available. For example, if Sean the network engineer finishes his task early he may be able to move onto something else ahead of schedule.
See all project management words
Methodology specific dictionaries / glossaries
- View the Agile Dictionary
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Dictionary
- Prince 2 glossary of terms
- Full ITIL glossary of terms
- See also Risk Management Dictionary.