AgileAgile refers to a group of project management approaches often used in software development, but increasingly widely used across multiple industries and project types. The project is delivered in small increments or sprints. Plans, requirements and outcomes are assessed regularly and flexibility is built in to allow evolution (changes) in requirements. Emphasis is placed on self-organising, co-located and cross-functional teams.
The Manifesto for Agile Software Development sets out four values for Agile Software Development:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working Software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer Collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to Change over following a plan
See all project management words
Methodology specific dictionaries / glossaries
- View the Agile Dictionary
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Dictionary
- Prince 2 glossary of terms
- Full ITIL glossary of terms
- See also Risk Management Dictionary.