(1) The person assigned by the performing organization to achieve the project objectives.
(2) Any person assigned to lead a team toward completion of a project. A project manager applies specialized knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques in order to meet customer expectations of a project.
(3) The person who heads up the project team and has the authority and responsibility for conducting the project and meeting project objectives through project management.
(4) A qualified individual or firm authorized by the owner to be directly responsible for the day-to-day management and administration, and for coordinating time, equipment, money, tasks, and people for all or specified portions of a specific project.
Project Manager Job Descriptions - Examples in Word and PDF formatAverage Project Manager Salary
See all project management words
Methodology specific dictionaries / glossaries
- View the Agile Dictionary
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Dictionary
- Prince 2 glossary of terms
- Full ITIL glossary of terms
- See also Risk Management Dictionary.