The PMBOK defines the Scope Baseline as "the approved version of the scope statement, WBS and the WBS dictionary". The baseline is used to assess the impact of changes and in the management of the project scope. It is essential to baseline the project scope in order to manage scope creep.
See all project management words
Methodology specific dictionaries / glossaries
- View the Agile Dictionary
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Dictionary
- Prince 2 glossary of terms
- Full ITIL glossary of terms
- See also Risk Management Dictionary.