Senior Project Manager
To support the project management team and contribute to the effective delivery of the project portfolio.
- To undertake specific tasks on identified projects, under the supervision of a Project Manager, including:
- Completing relevant project documentation, eg. Change Controls and other reports.
- Formulating and updating project schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Participating in project definition workshops.
- Managing risks and issues.
- Managing specified budget lines.
- Creating and updating Excel spreadsheets as requested.
- Estimate project costs as required as part of the annual planning process using existing cost models.
- Inputting Project Plans into the Planning IT system ensuring accurate cost and resource estimating
- Logging and tracking all Project Plans and project documentation
- Coordinating the consultation process with all stakeholders ensuring an accurate and secure audit trail of documents and key decisions
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of materials and stationery required for events
- Arrange Contracts, raise Purchase Orders and expenditure authorisation forms for approval and chase invoices to ensure accurate payment.
- Respond to telephone enquiries and convey accurate information promptly and appropriately.
- To work as part of a team.
- To undertake other duties as requested appropriate to the grade of this post.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Some knowledge of project management approaches; e.g. PRINCE2.
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
- A flexible approach and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Attention to detail with an ability to work autonomously and with appropriate reference to more senior colleagues.
- Experience of working in a pressured environment and effectively managing competing demands in short timescales.
- Experience of working as part of a team delivering complex tasks.
- Experience of working within the public sector.
- Understanding of web technologies and event management.
Negotiable depending on skills and experience. Find out what Salary you should ask for as a Project Manager.
Download this Job Description in Word or PDF
Download this Project Assistant Job Description .doc
Download a PDF version instead - Project Assistant job description in PDF
Further reading on Project Management careersProject Management articles and resources - Project Management Articles by the Experts! These articles are written by experts in Project Management who have many years experience managing projects across all industries.
Project Manager Salary - What is the average Project Manager Salary? Well it depends on your country and town or city, your experience, the industry you will be in and your level education. Find out what factors impact salary and how to research the typical salary you can expect in a Project Manager role.