The Activity Attributes builds on the information in the Activity List adding details about an activity's resource requirements, and scheduling requirements (predecessors and successors, lead and lag and dependency types). stakeholdermap.comDetails are gathered and entered into an activity's attributes as planning progresses. The information is often entered into a project's scheduling software or can be entered into a template like this one. Activity details come from several sources including the:
- Schedule Management Plan
- Activity list
- Network diagram
- Scope baseline
- Assumption log
- Resource requirements
See what is in the Template! Check out the Contents complete with Hints and Tips on how to use.
Check out the contents below or Grab the template now!
The contents of the Activity Attributes Template
Project details and document control
Provide information on the project and document:
- Project Name and Reference
- Project Manager
- Date of last update
Give each activity a unique ID, this may include a reference to the work package in the work breakdown structure.
Give each activity a title that is as understandable as possible, in other words a title that the project team will understand.
Describe the activity clearly so that the person responsible understands the work.
Enter the numberand type of team resources required. For example, 2 developers.
Document the skills the team will need. For example, Java, C#, PHP or skill level such as senior or junior.
Materials, Supplies or Equipment
Document any required resources that are not human.
Type of Effort
How you will measure the effort required. For example, 4 days fixed duration or 4 days fixed effort.
Note down where the work will take place.
Imposed Dates or Other Constraints
Note any fixed dates or other constraints on the activity.
Enter the activity IDs that need to be completed before this activity can start.
The type of dependency with the activity's predecessors. For example, start to start or finish to start. Task dependencies in project planning.
Lead or Lag
Any delay (lag) between the predecessor and this activity or any acceleration (lead).
Enter any other activities that relay on the completion of this activity.
Activity Attributes Template
Excel download - Activity Attributes Template (.xls)
Excel download - Activity Attributes Template (.xlsx)
OpenDocument Spreadsheet download - Activity Attributes Template (.ods)
Other Project Templates to download
- Excel Project Plan - FREE excel Gantt Chart template for project planning
- Project Management Plan Template - FREE Project Management Plan template with hints, tips and boilerplate text
- WBS Checklist - Download a Free checklist for reviewing Work Breakdown Structures
- Project Management Templates - View our collection of FREE templates for Project Managers
- MS Project schedules - Get a ready made Microsoft Project Plan for your Project.
- Prince2 Templates - All of the Prince2 Templates available here for FREE.
- Risk Register template - Download a free Risk Register Template for managing your risks.
- Software Project Plan - Get a ready Made Microsoft Project Plan for your Software Implementation Project.
- WBS examples - 22 Examples of real world Work Breakdown Structures.