The contents of the Change Log Template in Excel
Field Description and guidance completion
- Project number
- Full project name
- Project Manager
- Project Sponsor
- Change ID - a unique identifier or reference so the change can be easily traced.
- Date - the date of the change from the change request.
- Requested by - the name of the person or team who requested the change.
Change request description
Describe the change. This could be copied from the change request form.
Reasons for the change
Describe the reason for the change. For example to resolve and issue or change the scope of a deliverable.
Select the status of the change. For example: pending, approved, rejected.
Progress of pending and approved changes / reasons for rejection
Describe the progress of the change. For example, in design phase or in UAT. For rejected changes explain why the weren't approved.
Actions related ot the change
Note down any further actions. For example, if the change request status is pending, what information is needed before it can progress to approved.
Download this template!
Excel 97 - 2003 download - Change Log Template (.xls)
Excel download - Change Log Template (.xlsx)
OpenDocument Spreadsheet download - Change Log Template (.ods)
Project Templates to download
- Project Management Templates - View our collection of FREE templates for Project Managers
- Risk Management Templates - includes a risk register, common project risks and a risk management plan.