Digital Project Manager Job Description
This example is a real job description for an Digital Project Manager role focussing on online web development and web design projects. Names of companies / departments have been removed.
Digital Project Manager
Main purpose of job
To take ownership, control and responsibility of projects to ensure they are delivered to client satisfaction, are fit for purpose, on schedule and to budget, whilst maintaining quality control at all times.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers, gaining acceptance to proposals and changes.
- Ensure effective handover of project from Sales to Production.
- Take responsibility for preparing the Project Initiation Document.
- Identify and allocate roles and responsibilities within the project team.
- Identify and manage resource requirements in the project team.
- Manage the collaboration of Lead Designer, Lead Developer, Lead Graphic Artist and Lead Tester to develop solutions that are fit for purpose and achievable within the budget and schedule.
- Guide, support and advise customers on the benefits and implications of proposed solutions.
- Agree internally and externally, budgets, schedules and deliverables, and manage financial performance.
- Monitor and control the critical path ensuring quality processes are followed.
- Ensure work is undertaken within budget and on schedule, identifying and managing risks.
- Ensure effective communication within the project team, with Sales and Marketing and with the client.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other duties assigned by the manager from time to time.
- Project management skills.
- Highly effective communication and written skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain good client relationships.
- Effective meeting management skills.
- Understanding project processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to ensure quality and maintain a customer focus.
- Awareness of current best practice within web development industry.
- Record of delivering a variety of digital projects from websites, Apps, eLearning, digital & email marketing, SEO, and PPC.
- Ability to manage, lead and motivate a project team.
- Understanding of the skills, tools and processes used in the development and delivery of web solutions.
- Experience in requirements definition, design, usability, content development, web development, and QA
Download this Digital Project Manager Job Description in Word
Download a PDF version instead - Digital Project Manager job description in PDF
If you liked this page, feel free to recommend us!