During a project the team should document the lessons they have learned whether positive or negative. For example a note that a task took longer than estimated or that new process reduced costs. stakeholdermap.comThe oompleted log will help other project teams and can be added to an organization wide knowledge base.
This is a FREE Lesson Learned Template in Excel and PDF. The template is fully editable with Excel and can be edited to suit your requirements. See what is in the Template! Check out the a contents.
Check out the contents below or Grab the template now!
The contents of the Lessons Learned Template
Project nameThe title or name of the project.
Project numberYour organization's unique ID or reference number for the project.
Project managerThe name of the person who will be managing the project.
Project sponsorThe ultimate owner of the success or failure of the project. The ultimate decision maker.
Lesson IDThe unique number of ID for each lesson.
Date raisedThe date the lesson was identified.
Event (what happened)A clear and detailed description of what happened. We tend to assume that the lessons learned on a project will be negative. However, they can also be positive, for example a new idea or process that worked well.
Lesson categoryThe category: Positive or Negative.
Early warning signs?Any warning signs that could be picked up and acted on in future.
RecommendationsRecommendation for improvement or to remove the issue for future projects.
Action(s)Actions that will be taken to implement the lesson learned.
OwnerPerson who will take the action(s).
WBS IDA link to the WBS ID if applicable.
StatusThe status of the lesson for example: open, in progress or closed.
Lessons Learned Log Download
Excel .xlsx download - LESSONS Learned TEMPLATE (.xlsx)
Excel .xls download - LESSONS Learned TEMPLATE (.xls)
OpenDocument Spreadsheet - LESSONS Learned TEMPLATE (.ods)
PDF download - LESSONS Learned TEMPLATE (PDF)
Project Templates to download
- Project Management Templates - View our collection of FREE templates for Project Managers
- MS Project schedules - Get a ready made Microsoft Project Plan for your Project.
- Prince2 Templates - All of the Prince2 Templates available here for FREE.
- Risk Register template - Download a free Risk Register Template for managing your risks.
- Software Project Plan - Get a ready Made Microsoft Project Plan for your Software Implementation Project.
- WBS examples - 22 Examples of real world Work Breakdown Structures.