c The project action list should include a description, action owner, priority, due date and progress notes. It should be updated regularly particularly in or following project team meetings. Many Project Managers will review the action list as part of regular progress meetings with their team. stakeholdermap.comUse this FREE template to capture all of the key information you need to track the progress of your project actions.
See what is in the Template! Check out the Contents complete with Hints and Tips on how to use.
Check out the contents below or Grab the template now!
The contents of the Project Actions Template
Field Description and guidance completion
Project details and reporting period
- Project title
- Project manager
- Project sponsor
- Reporting period
- Date of report
- Report author
Action Item No.
Give each action a unique ID so that it can be tracked easily and cross referenced for example in a Change Request or a Risk Register. Example: AI01, AI02, AI03...
The date the action was opened, i.e. the date that the project team agreed that the action needs to be completed.
A clear description of the action to be taken along with any relevant cross references e.g. to a change request or risk.
A simple rating that categorises the importance and/or urgency of the action. "H" denotes High Priority. "M" denotes "Medium Priority." "L" denotes "Low Priority." To change the menu items go to the Data Tab > Data Tools > Data Validation. Select the settings tab and enter the new menu items in the Source: field.
The individual responsible for ensuring that an action item is carried out in the agreed upon manner. This isn't necessarily the person who will actually complete the action, but they will take ownership and accountability for the action.
The date the action item is expected to be closed or needs to be closed.
The actual date the action item was closed.
Progress of an action item to date. Start with the date, and then briefly describe what has been accomplished. EXAMPLE: "MM/DD/YYYY - Enter Notes."
In this section, please select which action items have been Open (not resolved yet,) Cancelled (No Action Deemed Necessary,) Closed (resolved,) Deferred (put on hold.)
Project Actions Template
Excel download - Project Actions Template (Excel .xls)
Excel download - Project Actions Template (Excel .xlsx)
Project Templates to download
- Excel Project Plan - FREE excel Gantt Chart template for project planning
- WBS Checklist - Download a Free checklist for reviewing Work Breakdown Structures
- Project Management Templates - View our collection of FREE templates for Project Managers
- MS Project schedules - Get a ready made Microsoft Project Plan for your Project.
- Prince2 Templates - All of the Prince2 Templates available here for FREE.
- Risk Register template - Download a free Risk Register Template for managing your risks.
- Software Project Plan - Get a ready Made Microsoft Project Plan for your Software Implementation Project.
- WBS examples - 22 Examples of real world Work Breakdown Structures.