Project Assistant Job Description FREE download
Senior Project Manager
To support the project management team and contribute to the effective delivery of the project portfolio.
- To undertake specific tasks on identified projects, under the supervision of a Project Manager, including:
- Completing relevant project documentation, eg. Change Controls and other reports.
- Formulating and updating project schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Participating in project definition workshops.
- Managing risks and issues.
- Managing specified budget lines.
- Creating and updating Excel spreadsheets as requested.
- Estimate project costs as required as part of the annual planning process using existing cost models.
- Inputting Project Plans into the Planning IT system ensuring accurate cost and resource estimating
- Logging and tracking all Project Plans and project documentation
- Coordinating the consultation process with all stakeholders ensuring an accurate and secure audit trail of documents and key decisions
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of materials and stationery required for events
- Arrange Contracts, raise Purchase Orders and expenditure authorisation forms for approval and chase invoices to ensure accurate payment.
- Respond to telephone enquiries and convey accurate information promptly and appropriately.
- To work as part of a team.
- To undertake other duties as requested appropriate to the grade of this post.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Some knowledge of project management approaches; e.g. PRINCE2.
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
- A flexible approach and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Attention to detail with an ability to work autonomously and with appropriate reference to more senior colleagues.
- Experience of working in a pressured environment and effectively managing competing demands in short timescales.
- Experience of working as part of a team delivering complex tasks.
- Experience of working within the public sector.
- Understanding of web technologies and event management.
Download this Project Assistant Job Description in Word
Download a PDF version instead - Project Assistant job description in PDF
If you liked this page, feel free to recommend us!