PID stands for Project Initiation Document. The PID forms the basis for the management of a project.stakeholdermap.com
The PID defines the project and forms the basis for its management and the measurement of its overall success. Read more on the purpose and content of the PID.
Contents of the PID Template
- Cover page
- Document Control
- Document Information
- Document History
- Document Approvals
- Table of Contents
- Template Guide
- Project Summary
- Project Objectives
- Scope and Exclusions
- Project Deliverables
- Interfaces and Dependencies
- Acceptance Criteria
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project Delivery
- Record of Amendments to the PID
- Deliverable / Work Package Specification
- Financial / Budget Requirements
- Detailed Schedules
Project Initiation Document template
Word download - Project Initiation Document (doc)
Word download - Project Initiation Document (docx)
PDF download - Project Initiation Document (PDF)
OpenDocument Text download - Project Initiation Document (odt)
Read more on the purpose and content of the PID
Related project templates to download
- Project Brief Template - This is a FREE Template in Word and PDF. The Project Brief is a key document in the Project Lifecycle. It provides a description of what the project will do and it forms the basis of the project start-up phase.
- Project Charter Template - This is a FREE template in Word and PDF. The Project Charter formally authorises the project and gives the project manager the authority they need to start project activities and gather the resources needed.
- Project Management Templates - View our collection of FREE templates for Project Managers
- Project Proposal Template - Ideal for project managers and teams looking to create a clear, organized, and effective proposal for any type of project.
- Project Startup Report Template - this is a briefer version of the Project Brief or Project Charter and communicates 'at a glance' the project description, objectives, key dates and risks.