The Team Performance Assessment template is a valuable tool for project managers seeking to identify areas of improvement within their teams. This comprehensive template covers technical and interpersonal competencies and general characteristics like team morale and cohesiveness. With our template, you'll gain valuable insights into the performance of your project team so you can make informed decisions for improvement.
What's in the Template?The Team Member Status Report Template contains the following sections:
- Project details and document control: Provide essential information such as your logo, company name, project name, reference, version number, and dates. Document information and history, including approvals, are also captured for easy tracking and reference.
- Technical Performance: This section evaluates the team's proficiency in essential project management procedures. Assess their ability to deliver and manage scope, quality, schedule, and costs. Utilize corresponding plans and audits for reference during the assessment.
- Teamwork: Explore how well your team collaborates and works together. Evaluate effective communication, teamwork, conflict handling, and decision-making processes. The Team Charter serves as a valuable resource for completing this section.
- Team Morale: Gauge team members' overall satisfaction and positivity regarding the team and the project. Identify any potential changes or improvements needed to boost morale, such as revisiting the Project Charter or optimizing working conditions.
- Areas for Development and Action: Highlight specific areas requiring improvement and define clear actions, assigning ownership and setting due dates to ensure accountability and progress.
The contents of the Team Member Status Report Template
Field Description and Tips to Complete
Project details and document control
Provide information on the project and document:
- Your logo and company name
- Project Name and Reference
- Version Number
- Document Information: document ID, owner, issue date, last saved date, filename
- Document History: version, version issue date, changes
- Document approvals: role, name, signature, date
This section focuses on the ‘hard’ skills of the project team. That is, how well key project management procedures are delivered.
Please rate the team's ability to deliver & manage the scope of the project and product. Justify your rating with comments that describe instances or aspects of scope performance. Refer to the Scope Management Plan to help you assess performance.
You can use a table and rating scale like the one below:
You can use a table and rating scale like the one below:
Rate how well the team is delivering and managing quality. Refer to the Quality Management Plan and Quality Audits.
Assess how well the team is delivering and managing the project schedule. Refer to the Schedule Management Plan, Work Breakdown Structures, and Project plans.
Assess how well the team is monitoring and controlling project costs. Refer to the Cost Management Plan, cost estimates and budget tracking spreadsheets.
This section focuses on how well the team works together. Do people feel like they are listened to and supported? Is work shared and contributions valued? Is there much conflict, and how well is it handled?
Does everyone know what they need to do and when? Are the team clear on who does what and whom to speak to about issues? How does the team keep in touch, and how well is it working?
How well does the team work together? Do the individual members feel part of the team? Refer to the Team Charter to complete this section.
Do the team get on? When there is conflict, how is it handled? Team members will have some disagreements, which is ok; in high-performing teams, the conflict will be quickly resolved so everyone can move on
How well are decisions made? Does everyone know whom to go to for decisions? Does everyone understand the Project Tolerances, and is there a straightforward escalation process? Does this work smoothly when decisions must be made at a senior level?
How is everyone? Are team members generally positive about the team and the project? Do any changes need to be made to improve morale, e.g., the Project Charter or working conditions?
Areas for Development and Action
Note any areas that need improvement along with clear actions, action owners, and a due date.
How to use the templateThe Team Performance Assessment template provides a user-friendly format for easy navigation and utilization. Follow the guidelines and prompts in each section to assess your team's performance accurately. The template also includes helpful hints and tips to maximize its effectiveness.
Before you share the template remove the text in between < italic >.
Grab our Team Performance Assessment Template today and empower your project manager skills. Achieve a higher level of team performance and drive success in your projects.
Word download - Project Performance Assessment Template (.doc)
Word download - Project Performance Assessment Template (.docx)
OpenDocument download - Project Performance Assessment Template (.odt)
PDF download - Project Performance Assessment Template (PDF)
Related project templates to download
- Project Brief Template - This is a FREE Template in Word and PDF. The Project Brief is a key document in the Project Lifecycle. It provides a description of what the project will do and it forms the basis of the project start-up phase.
- Project Charter Template - This is a FREE template in Word and PDF. The Project Charter formally authorises the project and gives the project manager the authority they need to start project activities and gather the resources needed.
- Project Initiation Document Template - Free download in Word and PDF, with tips and example text.
- Project Management Templates - View our collection of FREE templates for Project Managers
- Team Member Status Report Template - Ideal for project managers and teams looking to create a clear, organized, and effective proposal for any type of project.
- Project Startup Report Template - this is a briefer version of the Project Brief or Project Charter and communicates 'at a glance' the project description, objectives, key dates and risks.