In the PMBOK Guide - Sixth Edition, a Quality Metrics is an output of process 8.1 Plan Quality Management.The quality metrics align with the Quality Management Plan and the Requirements documentation.
The template is fully editable with Excel and can be converted or changed to suit your project. The contents of the template is shown below.
The contents of the Quality Metrics template
Field Description and guidance completion
- Project name
- Project reference
- Date prepared
- Version number
Record the deliverable's reference IDs so that it can be easily tracked. It usually makes sense for this to be the:
- Activity or product ID
- WBS ID
- Requirement ID
Give the name of the deliverable or product.
Describe the specific and measurable metric(s) that will be used to measure the quality of the deliverable.
Describe how you will measure whether the deliverable has met the required quality.
Give a status for the quality assessment. For example, test pending, test in progress, passed, failed.
Notes and actions
Note down any further actions. For example, next steps for deliverables that have failed to meet their quality metric(s).
Download the template!
Excel download - Quality Metrics Template (.xls)
Excel download - Quality Metrics Template (.xlsx)
OpenDocument Spreadsheet download - Quality Metrics Template (.ods)
Project Templates to download
- Sample Project Charter - FREE example from a real software project
- Excel Project Plan - FREE excel Gantt Chart template for project planning
- WBS Checklist - Download a Free checklist for reviewing Work Breakdown Structures
- Project Management Templates - View our collection of FREE templates for Project Managers
- MS Project schedules - Get a ready made Microsoft Project Plan for your Project.
- Risk Register template - Download a free Risk Register Template for managing your risks.
- Software Project Plan - Get a ready Made Microsoft Project Plan for your Software Implementation Project.
- Sample Statement of Work - Writing a SOW is challenging! That is why we are sharing this free example!
- WBS examples - 22 Examples of real world Work Breakdown Structures.