- Resource description
- Skill level or material quality needed
- Tasks the resource will complete
- Duration required
- Resource availability
- Resource cost
- Unit cost
- Level of risk
This is a free Resource Planning Template in Word and PDF. The template is fully editable with Word and can be converted or changed to suit your project requirements.
See what is in the Template! Check out the a Contents complete with Hints and Tips on how to use.
Check out the contents below or Grab the template now!
The contents of the Resource Planning Template
Field Description and Tips to Complete
Enter the name of your Project.
Enter the version number of the resource plan, for example 0.1, 0.2 etc for drafts and 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 etc for each version that is released
Enter the date of the creation of the current version.
Includes key information about the document including the ID, Owner, issue date, last saved date and file name.
Note down the version number, issue date and brief description of the changes made each time the document is updated.
List the people who need to approve the Resource Plan, include their role and provide space for their signature and date of approval.
In the table provided list the resources that will be required to deliver the project. Resources can be grouped for example:
- Project Team
- Customer Support
- Software Tools
- Others (machinery, suppliers)
Detailed Resource Requirements
In this section provide a detailed breakdown of the resources required to deliver the project. Update the table included in the template to suit your project.
|Resource||Skill Level or material quality||Tasks||Duration required||Available time period||Cost||Unit of cost||Level of Risk|
|Developer||Level 5||Bespoke integration between SAP & SaaS ITSM solution.||30 days||Needed between May and June||10500||350 per day||High|
|Dev Environment||No data, one integration server||Platform for developing integrations||60 days||Between May and July||See contract||Part of license||Low|
Resources Net Change
Provide a breakdown and explanation for any resource where there is a difference between resource allocation in the Project Charter, PID or Feasibility Study and those identified above.
Include a glossary of all terms and abbreviations used in the plan. If it is several pages in length, it may be placed as an appendix.
APPENDIX A: REFERENCES
Insert the name, version number, description, and physical location of any materials referenced in this document. Add rows to the table as necessary.
Notes to help you use the Resource Plan TemplateThis document is a template of a Resource Plan for a project. The template includes instructions to the author, boilerplate text, and fields that should be replaced with the values specific to the project.
- Blue italicized text enclosed in square brackets ([text]) provides instructions to the document author, or describes the purpose, and context for content included in this document.
- Text and tables in black are provided as boilerplate examples of wording and formats that may be used or modified as for a each project. These are just suggestions feel free to make changes.
Resource Plan template
Word download - Resource Plan TEMPLATE (Word)
PDF download - Resource Planning TEMPLATE (PDF)
Project Templates to download
- Project Management Plan Template - FREE Project Management Plan template with hints, tips and boilerplate text
- WBS Checklist - Download a Free checklist for reviewing Work Breakdown Structures
- Project Management Templates - View our collection of FREE templates for Project Managers
- MS Project schedules - Get a ready made Microsoft Project Plan for your Project.
- Prince2 Templates - All of the Prince2 Templates available here for FREE.
- Risk Register template - Download a free Risk Register Template for managing your risks.
- Software Project Plan - Get a ready Made Microsoft Project Plan for your Software Implementation Project.
- WBS examples - 22 Examples of real world Work Breakdown Structures.