A Statement of Work (SOW) is a description of the products, services, or results that will be provided to a customer. It will usually include the deliverables, expected project cost, terms and conditions and payment terms.Writing a SOW is challenging! That is why we are sharing this free example!
SOWs are very common in project management and they represent the contractual agreement between the supplier and customer. Getting the SOW right can be the difference between success or failure.
SOWs follow a similar format across industries and they contain the same sections regardless of project size. This example is from a real project that was delivered for a fixed fee. It includes the services provided, the deliverables, risks, assumptions, exclusions, fees and payment terms. Get a head start on your own Statement of Work with this FREE download.
Check out the contents below or Grab the template now!
Snapshot of this example SOWThis SOW was prepared for a fixed fee SaaS software project. It is 9 pages in total and a snapshot is shown below. Download the full SOW now.
- CONTRACT ID
- DATE OF CONTRACT
- FOR: ACME Company
- PREPARED BY: Globex
- Project: Ticket Linking Completion
- Version history
- Distribution list
Business ChallengesACME is an existing SaaS customer. In order to link tickets together to a root problem and be able to respond to those linked tickets in a single step, as well as providing ITIL methodology directives, Globex has provided a prototype......
Solution OverviewGlobex has provided the description of the services to be performed in the Deliverables section below. Further requirements and or customizations defined or requested by Customer after baseline acceptance of this Statement of Work......
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Administration Support
- Customer Report
RisksThere are potential risks associated with the project that need to be addressed via a mitigation strategy. Below are the identified risks associated with this project.....
- Overall project assumptions
- Technology assumptions
Roles and responsibilitiesDetailed Project Team roles and responsibilities are defined in the Project Charter....
Onsite requirementsThe section identifies services & property that the Customer is to provide the Globex Consulting services team.....
Rates and fees summaryServices provided under this Statement of Work shall be based on Globex standard consulting rates, which are listed...
Payment TermsFixed Fee. Globex will invoice the Customer following signature of this Statement of Work and payments shall be due....
ExpensesEstimates do not include travel and related expenses Globex may incur in support of this engagement. Globex will send an invoice on.....
SignaturesSpace for signatures of both parties.
You can download the complete SOW in Word or PDF.
Download a sample Statement of Work
Word download - Statement of Work Template (Word .docx)
Word download - Sample Statement of Work (Word .doc)
PDF download - Sample Statement of Work (PDF)
OpenDocument download - Sample Statement of Work (.odt)
Project Templates to download
- Excel Project Plan - FREE excel Gantt Chart template for project planning
- WBS Checklist - Download a Free checklist for reviewing Work Breakdown Structures
- Project Management Templates - View our collection of FREE templates for Project Managers
- MS Project schedules - Get a ready made Microsoft Project Plan for your Project.
- Prince2 Templates - All of the Prince2 Templates available here for FREE.
- Risk Register template - Download a free Risk Register Template for managing your risks.
- Software Project Plan - Get a ready Made Microsoft Project Plan for your Software Implementation Project.
- Project Startup Report Template - this is a briefer version of the Project Brief or Statement of Work and communicates 'at a glance' the project description, objectives, key dates and risks.
- WBS examples - 22 Examples of real world Work Breakdown Structures.