Why this template worksThis template's simple, self-explanatory format, focusing on progress in the current week and plans for the next week, is designed with user-friendliness and efficiency in mind. Here's why it makes it easy for team members to complete:
Clarity: The clear division between the current week's activities and next week's plans helps team members organize their thoughts and report their progress in a structured manner. This clarity reduces confusion and makes the report easier to fill out.
Focus: By concentrating on the immediate past and near future, team members can focus on relevant, timely information. This focus helps them avoid getting overwhelmed by the broader scope of the project.
Consistency: The consistent format allows team members to develop a routine in their reporting, making it easier to complete over time. As they get used to the format, filling out the report becomes quicker and more automatic.
Accountability: The format encourages team members to reflect on their work and plan, fostering a sense of responsibility for their tasks. This accountability can motivate them to complete their reports accurately and thoroughly.
Communication: The straightforward structure facilitates communication between team members and project managers. Because we state clearly what we have accomplished and what we plan to do, we ensure everyone aligns, reducing misunderstandings and enhancing teamwork.
In essence, the simplicity and directness of this format make it a powerful tool for tracking progress, planning future work, and enhancing team communication.
See what is in the Template! Check out the Contents complete with Hints and Tips on how to use or Grab the template now!
The contents of the Team Member Status Report Template
Field Description and Tips to Complete
Project details and document control
Provide information on the project and document:
- Project name
- For week commencing
- Your name
- Report date
A simple traffic light indicator for this week, next week, and blockers. To change the color, go to Home > Paragraph > Shading (look for the paint can icon).
Current week's activities
Planned for this week
Jot down the tasks you planned this week, including any carried over from last week.
Completed this week
List the tasks you completed, including any unplanned tasks.
Planned but not accomplished
List all the tasks you planned but still need to complete. Then, describe the actions necessary to complete these tasks.
Next week's activities
Note down what tasks you have planned for next week.
Risks or blockers
Note down anything that may go wrong or interfere with your work.
Team Member Status Report Template
Word download - Team Member Status Report Template (.doc)
Word download - Team Member Status Report Template (.docx)
OpenDocument download - Team Member Status Report Template (.odt)
PDF download - Team Member Status Report Template (PDF)
Related project templates to download
- Project Brief Template - This is a FREE Template in Word and PDF. The Project Brief is a key document in the Project Lifecycle. It provides a description of what the project will do and it forms the basis of the project start-up phase.
- Project Charter Template - This is a FREE template in Word and PDF. The Project Charter formally authorises the project and gives the project manager the authority they need to start project activities and gather the resources needed.
- Project Initiation Document Template - Free download in Word and PDF, with tips and example text.
- Project Management Templates - View our collection of FREE templates for Project Managers
- Team Member Status Report Template - Ideal for project managers and teams looking to create a clear, organized, and effective proposal for any type of project.
- Project Startup Report Template - this is a briefer version of the Project Brief or Project Charter and communicates 'at a glance' the project description, objectives, key dates and risks.