Project Services Manager Job Description
This example is a real job description for an Project Services Manager role focussing on online web development and web design projects. Names of companies / departments have been removed.
Project Services Manager
Overview of the role
As the EMEA Project Services Manager you will own and manage the Project Management teams' plans for programs and projects including managing roadmaps, driving the process and supporting the project teams
across EMEA to innovate, develop and deliver SaaS / Cloud implementations.
- Managing a team of 8-10 Project Managers and their respective project teams under various models (e.g. fixed price, T&M, deliverable based, etc.)
- Meet or exceed revenue, utilization, margin and client satisfaction targets through the successful delivery of consulting and implementation projects.
- Actively lead and participate in front end sales cycles for significant new engagements.
- Define project management goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Build the core Project Management Services team through a combination of internal team enhancement and external hires.
- Present the implementation strategy to prospective customers, demonstrating the credibility of our delivery organization.
- Create new repeatable service offerings that streamline the implementation process.
- Participate in project governance and provide high level quality control.
- Track and forecast pipeline of consulting revenue and bookings for opportunities and existing engagements.
- Ensure the professional development of team members, keeping abreast of current and new IT methodologies, development and best practice project delivery and consulting.
- Develop project management tools and processes. Responsible for defining and managing the overall approach / methodology in-line with industry standards.
- Engage with customers and act as the management sponsor of key projects.
- Present directional ideas and strategies to the Management Team.
Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of leading professional services teams to successfully deliver on multiple projects and programs simultaneously within SaaS/Cloud environments.
- Strong understanding of the leading governance and implementation approaches to project office management and project management, with the ability to draw on these to implement a tailored, appropriate framework.
- Sound business sense and a market-driven approach, with the flexibility to modify approaches to achieve goals as information changes and events unfold.
- Skilled at building relationships and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, including at the most senior levels.
- Skilled in articulating and presenting compelling value propositions for service offerings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong decision-making skills including the ability to balance conflicting interest.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well both independently and in a team orientated, collaborative environment.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, find creative resolutions and drive for results.
- Ability to listen and respond objectively to new ideas.
- Strong management skills with the ability to coach and lead both virtual and actual teams.
- BA / BSc, in a computing or project management discipline, or equivalent.
- Project Management certification in PRINCE2, Agile, SCRUM or similar.
Download this Project Services Manager Job Description in Word
Download a PDF version instead - Project Services Manager job description in PDF
Further reading on Project Management and Project roles
Project Management articles and resources
- Project Management Articles by the Experts! These articles are written by experts in Project Management who have many years experience managing projects across all industries.
Project Manager Salary
- What is the average Project Manager Salary? Well it depends on your country and town or city, your experience, the industry you will be in and your level education. Find out what factors impact salary and how to research the typical salary you can expect in a Project Manager role.
If you liked this page, feel free to recommend us!