Create a Work Breakdown Structure online
Work breakdown structures (WBS) make it easier to manage projects by breaking them down into their component parts. The lowest components (work packages) can be scheduled, costed and controlled (PMI, 2011, pg 3). Read more on Work Breakdown Structures
You can use mindmeister to create rich, interactive work breakdown structures, suitable for any project.
- Collaborate with your team to check and extend the WBS
- Export the WBS to an image, PDF or as .mind file
- Embed the mindmap in a web page
- Share your mindmap by email
- Add colours, notes and images
- Add hyperlinks to your map
- Expand or contract the breakdown for different audiences
Download this blank workbreakdown template to get started. Step by step instructions are below.
Step 1 - Click here to download the work breakdown template to your computer
Step 2 - Create your Mindmeister account
Step 3 - Import 1_Work_Breakdown_Structure_Template.mind
There are six (6) other mindmaps in the zip folder which you are free to use. 23 bonus mindmaps are included with Stakeholder Management ebook
Get emails about new mindmaps from stakeholdermap.com. Newsletter sign-up
All of of the elements are editable. Simply hover and click the text to edit.
To add a 'sibling' work package
To add a 'child' work package
MS Project Templates - download project plan templates