Senior Project Manager
Programme Management Team
A Team of Project Managers, Cross Functional Projects Teams
Lead a team of project managers ensuring they maintain effective project standards providing support, training and mentoring.
Take an active role in the development and maintenance of the Annual Plan.
Plan and project-manage multiple projects within the [enter department]
using the PRINCE2 methodology and processes defined by the Programme manager and the [client]. Ensure delivery to quality, cost and deliverable targets. Build, manage and motivate cross-functional project teams
using both internal and external resource.
- Line manage 2 x Project Coordinators within the remit of the post including providing direction, support and advice to ensure efficient and effective delivery of the project management function.
- Play an active role as a member of the programme management team
- Formulate and update project plans and maintain schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Review and monitor progress against the project plan to ensure outputs are delivered to time and quality specifications.
- Manage risks, issues and resources to ensure milestone dates are achieved.
- Manage projects within the agreed budget, applying the defined change management processes when required.
- Ensure all processes and systems defined / supplied by [client] are used.
- Report project progress in line with stated policies and procedures within the organisation, including ensuring that any requests for information on projects from the programme manager and other senior staff within the organisation are answered in a timely manner.
- To establish teams, in consultation with other parts of the organisation, to ensure the efficient delivery of projects (such teams to be either real or virtual). Also to be responsible for the efficient running of these teams by setting project objectives and working within a matrix management environment.
- Estimate project costs as required.
- Line management, performance development, recruitment and appraisal
- Developed influencing & negotiation skills
- Project planning, resource management, change management and budget management.
- Project management qualification; e.g. PRINCE2
- Highly developed IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A flexible approach and the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Results focused
- Team player
- Significant line/team management
- Developing a team approach with required support channels in place
- Developing cross functional working relationships
- Managing projects throughout complete project lifecycle Prince 2.
- Proven track record of delivering on time and to budget
- Management of cross functional project teams
- Experience of working within Public sector
- Experience of managing budgets
- Understanding of web technologies, printing and electronic media development processes
Must be willing and able to travel within the UK at short notice
Download this Senior Project Manager Job Description in Word
Download a PDF version instead - Senior Project Manager job description in PDF