Steps to import tasks
- Open Microsoft Project and select the task tab (task menu in the toolbar).
- In the Insert group on the task toolbar select the Task dropdown.
- Select Import Outlook Tasks...
- Tick the boxes next to specfic tasks to import them.
Once the tasks are imported you can add durations and start and finish dates. Any notes associated with the Outlook task are added to the corresponding task notes in Microsoft Project.
Video - how to import Outlook tasks
Read more guides on using Microsoft Project
- Project Calendars - Non-working time - enter UK holidays into Microsoft Project calendars
- Constraints part 1 - How to use Microsoft Project constraints
- Constraints part 2 - Common mistakes in using constraints
- Create constraints - How to create project constraints
- Critical Path - Viewing the Critical Path - video tutorial
- Filters - How to filter your plan by certain tasks or resources
- Filters - How to create a custom filter in Microsoft Project
- Highlight tasks - This step by step guide shows how to highlight particular tasks in Microsoft Project.
- Hyperlinks - How to create hyperlinks in Microsoft Project
- Outlook tasks - How to import Outlook tasks into Microsoft Project
- How to create a PDF of your project plan - Microsoft Project 2010 to pdf
- Scheduling problems - How to resolve a common scheduling problems in Microsoft Project
- Why you should avoid linking summary tasks
Recommended reading on Microsoft ProjectMarmel, E. (2010). Project 2010 Bible, John Wiley & Sons
Daley, S. (2013). Project 2013 In Depth, Que.